Earlier this week, I did a quick radio interview with Roger Hearing of the BBC World Service’s Business Matters about the recent trend of celebrities such as Katy Perry and Madonna getting naked in the name of voter registration. Listen to my thoughts on whether this is an effective way to encourage people to turn up at the polls here.
One of the things I oversee at StyleCaster is the newsletter, and an experiment with “walled content”—which requires users to submit their email address in order to access downloadable content, thus building our subscriber base—ended up being one of my favorite projects this year.
After noticing the adult coloring book trend start to take off, I came up with the idea to create our own pages featuring top street style stars. Illustrator Erin Rommel of Second Marriage Studio did a bang-up job re-creating the patterned looks I selected of Miroslava Duma, Susie Bubble, Giovanna Battaglia, Anna Dello Russo, and style power couple Veronika Heilbrunner and Justin O’Shea.
To download them for yourself, click here.
StyleCaster is gearing up for a site relaunch in mid-January, which has been keeping me busy behind the scenes. While I can’t wait to share our new look and functionalities, here’s a peek at what I wrote towards the end of 2015:
- For Denim Week, I waxed poetic about my favorite pair of jeans and revealed the shocking number of pairs I own (even I was surprised!)
- Made the case for why you should carry tech wipes with you at all times
- Rounded up 30 gift ideas for men that aren’t cliche or boring
- Revealed my lifelong distaste for beer, my current favorite concealer and under-$20 moisturizer, the best beauty product I tried in 2015, the worst beauty mistake I’ve ever made, my go-to sleep aid, my standout piece of home decor, and how I stay sane in the winter in various editor’s pick roundups
As always, you can follow my work in real time over on my author page on StyleCaster here.
After working in the digital space for the past couple years, I’d practically forgotten how long it takes for an article to come to fruition in the world of print magazines. I’d pitched this story on highly successful bloggers (and sisters) Natalie and Dylana Suarez to Latina back in May, when I was between jobs, and I’m happy to say that six months later it’s finally published.
The duo talk about their unique relationship as siblings who support each other as colleagues in the fashion space, as well as their shared wanderlust and mixed heritage. Look for it on newsstands in the December issue, or click on over to read the full piece here.
Time sure does fly while you’re staying busy—here’s what I’ve been working on over at StyleCaster for the month of October:
- I discovered the lazy girl’s answer to cleaning an engagement ring with minimal effort
- Covered the quirky tie-waist trend that’s been spotted all over street style subjects
- Gushed over the chicest orthopedic footwear you’ll ever encounter
- Detailed all the cool ways you can wear a brooch
It’s been a busy couple months over at StyleCaster, and between working on the site and a family trip to Italy, I’ve of course failed to update this portion of my site. Here’s what I’ve been up to over the past few weeks:
- I discovered (really beautiful) whiskey stones for wine that help keep my Sauvignon Blanc chilled
- Tested out the new crop of in-shower beauty products in an effort to pare down my morning routine
- Publicly placed my foot in my mouth over my latest purse acquisition
- Rounded up all of the fashion books I’m dying to read this fall
- Shared the new podcast that’s become a weekly companion on my morning commute
- Divulged the strange yet effective pimple hack I swear by
- Fan-girl’ed over Olivia Palermo’s under $100 jewelry collection
- Owned up to my obsession with a simple salad (and the up-and-coming chef who created it)
Don’t forget, you can follow all of my latest work for StyleCaster on my author page here. Or, you know, wait another two months for the next recap.
In today’s editor’s pick, I make a rather embarrassing confession regarding what I used to call party tops back in college. But it’s all for the greater good, as I introduce Cooper & Ella’s sophisticated, stylish blouses that go from boardroom to bar seamlessly. That’s not the only reason I adore the brand though, so click on over to the story here for the full scoop (and yes, that cringeworthy admission).
I’ve long been a fan of Minnie & Emma’s monogram phone cases and couldn’t resist highlighting the stationery company’s latest blogger collab with Lemon Stripes for this week’s editor’s pick. Read all about the adorable, summery collection, right this way.
We’ve started running daily editor’s picks over at StyleCaster and I didn’t have to think too long and hard about what my first one would be: Acure Organics’ Brightening Facial Scrub, which managed to upend every negative stereotype I’ve ever held towards green beauty products. Read how exactly it managed to do that, here.
Three weeks ago, I started a new job as the Managing Editor at women’s lifestyle site StyleCaster and I’m thrilled to be a part of the team. While I’m still getting my feet wet, I had the chance to write a few fashion stories of my own and contribute some thoughts in other editors’ posts:
- My debut piece was about Nordstrom’s big-deal Anniversary Sale and the discounted fall items you should buy
- Next, I profiled new temporary tattoo line INKED by Dani, which allows you to fake the minimalist ink beloved by cool-girl bloggers and models
- I declared saddle bags as the next bucket bag for Fall 2015, and suggested options to shop the trend
- For a staff roundup, I confessed my habit of wearing concealer to the beach (#sorrynotsorry)
- And I shared the one and only self-tanner I’ll use for another editor’s picks piece
To keep up to date on my latest work for StyleCaster, click on over to my author page here.